BankOnBuffalo is committed to the communities and businesses it serves, and is a proud supporter of the next generation of business leaders. We invite eligible students to enhance their business education by participating in our annual scholarship contest. One winner from each eligible school will receive a $500 scholarship, to be used for continuing business education.
High School graduating seniors with intentions to further their education at a college or university and seeking a business-related degree. Student must attend a high school in the BankOnBuffalo market area. Dependents of Directors or Officers of BankOnBuffalo are not eligible to apply.
Throughout your time as a student, you have studied history. This has included learning about influential persons, new technologies and other advancements that led us to where we are today. We also know that the future holds so many possibilities. Knowing what you know about the past and that the future is a blank slate would you choose to spend one (1) year in the past OR one (1) year in the future? What year would you choose and why?
- A minimum of 300 words
- Typed and double-spaced
- Participant name and/or family names should not appear on the essay
Along with the essay, applicants should provide:
Ways to Submit
- A brief summary of participation in community and school activities.
- One letter of recommendation from a present or past educator.
- One non-family reference that can provide personal insight into the applicant.
- Complete the online applicant form below and upload your essay and letter of recommendation by 11:59 p.m. March 17, 2019.
- OR complete the applicant form and turn into your high school’s guidance office along with essay and letter of recommendation by March 15, 2019. Please feel free to email the submissions or mail to: BankOnBuffalo, Attn: Janet Phillips, 535 Washington Street, Suite 707 Buffalo, NY 14203.
Essays will be judged on originality and how well ideas are expressed. Contributions to both school and community will be considered, as well as educator recommendation and personal reference checks.
Please Note: Incomplete applications and those students that do not plan to major in a financial and/or appropriate business related field will not be considered.
Applicant form, essay, and letter of recommendation must be received by 11:59 p.m. March 17, 2019. Winners will be announced on March 29, 2019.
For more information, please contact Janet Phillips at Janet.Philips@BankOnBuffalo.bank, or call (716) 568-7286 x5329.